Saturday 18 July 2020

Too Many to Love



1.  Salvia Strawberries & Cream.



I've become a real salvia fan.  The small flower details are so gorgeous.




2.  Thalictrum Black Stocking.

Earlier in the summer, when I bemoaned everyone else's thalictrum being in bloom, someone suggested perhaps the dry summer was the cause.  Many waterings later, we've got buds.




3.  Rain lily.

Another flower that's watered regularly.  Never get tired of these guys.




4.  Surprise lily.

This tiny little guy sprouted next to the rain lily.  I stopped growing these a few years ago because of red beetles.  I do, however, recycle pot compost onto the flowerbeds, so perhaps an old lily came to life, thanks to care given the rain lily.




5.  Woodwardia.

In most instances for me, a fern is a fern is a fern.  Woodi's a little different, although I can't say why.  I never get enough of his new growth.  Saying that, his mature fronds are also gorgeous.



This next photo was taken immediately after the first.  The new fronds really play with the light, changing colour ever so slightly.




6.  Zinnia Queenie Lime.

I planted different varieties of zinnia in various spots in the garden.  Universally, they've not done well this year, whereas last year, they were wild thangs.  Even so, just look at this face as it wakes up.  There's even a small heart at 10 o'clock.




And that's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. I'm also a ( new) big fan of salvia.. Yours is gorgeous. Nice colours this weekend Lora !👍🏻😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had nothing but trouble with zinnias this year. Strange. Well done on having one flower. That rain lily really is pretty as is the fern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind, heat & drought is what I'm blaming here.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Salvia and Rain Lily and who doesn’t like a Surprise Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I planted my rain lilies into the ground last autumn, not a sign of them! But then I don't water that area at all, but we do get lots of rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine went into the ground this year too. I've had a lot of foliage & only one bloom. The summer's been a bust for many flowers this year.

      Delete
  5. I became a fan of Salvia ever since I visited a local open garden and discovered the amazing variety of foliage and flower colours that are available. I started my Salvia collection then and there (they were selling cuttings of the plants in aid of a charity). Your photos of the Salvia flower are beautiful.The fern is lovely with its beautiful new foliage, and I love the added bonus of the little heart in the Zinnia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My intro to salvias was via Hot Lips in a neighbour's garden which initially tickled me, but then wore then. Once I met Amistad, tho, I've been hooked. Like zinnias, salvias have such variety, there's surely one to please everyone.

      Delete